With Christmas in just over a week – some of you might be looking for a bit more inspiration… And because we already know that you have a plethora of recipes ready for this season – we focus on sharing a few more ideas with you, that we feel will make Christmas just a little bit easier!
From sourcing Christmas crackers to festive cocktails to baking biscuits – or just finding the right (last minute) gift!!! We present (excuse the pun) to you a few of our favourite festive blog posts (& supplier offerings) that we think you should know about!
Serving up the perfect pre-meal (or all day) cocktail is going to make you the KING (or QUEEN) of Christmas entertaining!
- The king of cocktails is Sylvain who gives you inspiration to make your own Advocaat (perfect for eggnog) or what about a Moulin Rouge cocktail?
- WhyIamnot skinny has perfected the Mad Max cocktail (aka Poinsetta)
- And you can also view a list of 10 Traditional Christmas Cocktails
Or you can head out to The Bar (at The Restaurant/ at The Hotel) for the perfect G&T (amongst other cocktails!)
The best part about the holiday season is the fact that you get to spend EVEN more time in the kitchen baking up batches of yummy nibbles – particularly the sweet kind!
- Parts de plaisir shares a gluten-free, sugar-free & lactose-free gingerbread recipe
- Sarah’s Kitchen showcases Christmas Brownies as well as Christmas cookies
- Make your own Speculoos biscuits with Liezie Peasy
- White chocolate snowballs made easy with Greg from Cook’n’Roll
- And this Gingerbread house from My Kitchen Treasures has on a sugar high!
And if your baking skills aren’t up to scratch or if you just don’t have enough time… we suggest heading over to La Cucina Delle Zie for some wonderful Festive inspired bakes.
Finding those extra little touches
- Christmas crackers (along with wrapping paper, cards, etc) can be found at Stonemanor (British shop) in Brussels
- Get home safely after a few of the aforementioned cocktails with Uber & their Happy Holiday Offering
Looking for last minute Gift inspiration?
- The Brusselsprouts gals have put together a top 10 Gift idea post
- As does SWONDERFUL with her top 10 great Gift ideas
- Cheeseweb gives you the lowdown of Top Belgian gifts that can be found on Amazon
- Or make your own with a little help from Must be Yummie & her DIY Gifts
Or contact the folks at Olivetus for them to make up a perfect basket filled with delectable Italian tasty treats!
Did we forget anything? Leave a comment with a link below.