You can feel it in the air already… Winter is upon us! And with winter in the Northern hemisphere… comes the thoughts of twinkling lights, festive decorations & mulled wine… all with Christmas & its wonderful festivities in mind!
So you will be pleased to note that as of Friday 28th November until Sunday 4th January – the Winter Wonders have been set up in Brussels!
There is so much to see & experience other than just visiting the Christmas Market wooden chalets in rue Devaux & Place de la Monnaie, namely:
- Take a ride in the 55m Ferris Wheel
- Don your ice-skates (or rent a pair) & skate around the Ice Rink at Place de la Monnaie
- Stand in awe of the 22m festively decorated Christmas Tree (gifted by the City of Riga) in Grand Place – which showcase 1.000 lights!
- And if lights & music are your thing – stay in Grand Place & enjoy the spectacular Sound & Light show which is performed after 17h00, every hour (during the week until 22h00) & every half hour (during the weekend until 22h30)
- Visitors can discover the Quebec City through the art installation Boule de Neige (Snowball) & its traditional products market
- As night falls, an ice fairy (with the help of Electrabel) will light up the façade of the Sainte Catherine Church, transforming it into a gigantic Ice Cathedral with a video mapping 3D show
- Or enjoy the Christmas Parade on the 14th December…
- …. and so much more
You can read about Very Hungry Explorers 2013 experience here
If you are looking at going out a little further afield than the Brussels city itself – we suggest reading:
- Cheeseweb – who shared the delights of Belgian Christmas Markets in Ypres, Ghent & the caves at the Grottes de Wonck
- WhyIamNotSkinny – explored the German delights of Monshau & Trier last year
- And staying in Germany – S MARKS THE SPOTS showcases the beauty of the Aachen Christmas market
Have you written about any other Christmas Markets? Leave a link in the comments section below