You can feel it in the air already… Winter is upon us! And with winter in the Northern hemisphere… comes the thoughts of twinkling lights, festive decorations & mulled wine… all with Christmas & its wonderful festivities in mind!
So you will be pleased to note that the Winter Wonder will be back soon and set up in Brussels!
There is so much to see & experience other than just visiting the Christmas Market wooden chalets in rue Devaux & Place de la Monnaie, namely:
- Take a ride in the 55m Ferris Wheel
- Don your ice-skates (or rent a pair) & skate around the Ice Rink at Place de la Monnaie
- Stand in awe of the 22m festively decorated Christmas Tree (gifted by the City of Riga) in Grand Place – which showcase 1.000 lights!
- And if lights & music are your thing – stay in Grand Place & enjoy the spectacular Sound & Light show which is performed after 17h00, every hour (during the week until 22h00) & every half hour (during the weekend until 22h30)
- Visitors can discover the foods of the world along Anspach
- Or enjoy the Christmas Parade in mid-December…
- …. and so much more
You can read about Very Hungry Explorers 2013 experience here
If you are looking at going out a little further afield than the Brussels city itself – we suggest reading:
- CheeseWeb – who shared the delights of Belgian Christmas Markets in Ypres, Ghent, the caves at the Grottes de Wonck, and so much more.
- WhyIamNotSkinny – explored the German delights of Monshau & Trier last year
- And staying in Germany – S MARKS THE SPOTS showcases the beauty of the Aachen Christmas market
Have you written about any other Christmas Markets? Leave a link in the comments section below.