For reasons that aren’t entirely clear to me, I currently have three large tins of smoked paprika in my spice cupboard. With a best before date quickly looming on one of them, I thought it was time to get my finger out and start cooking.
And so, without further ado, I give you my Top 5 recipes that have Paprika in them…
- Let’s start straight away with something a bit different; Tastes of Brussels are giving us a taste of the middle east in fact, with their recipe for Baba Ghanoush
- I love this super quick and easy Courgette Tagine from Cooking with Emma Russell, it looks exactly like the dishes I had in Morocco, OK not so much with it on toast, but add the couscous and I could easily be back in Fes
- Heading over to Spain now (via Sheffield) and Coolinary has an excellent Tortillas de Patatas for us to try
- I think there might be a law somewhere that says you can’t write a Top 5 post in the month of December without including a soup of some kind, so it’s rather lucky that Soupçon de Balsamique has a Celery Root Soup with Chestnuts and Parsley for us to warm ourselves with
- And if, like me, brunch is your favourite meal of the day, then you’ll want to check out this fantastic potato dish from Lucie Fashion Coach
So, there you have it, hopefully this has inspired you to see what you’ve got hidden away in your spice rack – if you need inspiration for another ingredient, just let me know!
Michelle of Very Hungry Explorer is originally from London. She now splits her time between Brussels and the rest of the Europe. She started blogging 2009 while on a trip to Alaska, so she could stay in touch with her Mum and it all just went from there. When she isn’t eating, Michelle is studying to TEFL and frequently plays her music above the recommended volume level. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.